Make Your Account
Signup for relevant jobs and job advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You are able to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA remote(temporarily)
Our objective is always to provide a person with a road to better health that is financial.
LendUp is a technology that is financial located in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and financing area. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for instance Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection when you look at the Wall Street Journal, Financial days, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Just just What we’re doing:
At LendUp we have been on an objective to offer you aren’t a path to higher monetary wellness. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually unfair and limited, plus it’s very easy to become caught in a financial obligation period. Here is the very first problem LendUp attempt to re solve, through the use of our mixed expertise in computer pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to your provided passion for economic health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building additional lending options that will assist us further speed up our objective of supplying you aren’t a course to raised health that is financial.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel will likely be accountable for doing work in close partnership with specific sections and cross practical groups to present appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise business lovers who’re taking care of brand brand new and existing services and services and products from product development through launch, including compliance advising with regards to such items
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused legal counsel on federal and state customer banking and financing guidelines, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security legislation.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal federal government relations counsel to help with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer advice that is regulatory support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures and other item security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside because necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state lending certification demands, including getting and keeping licenses
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting business, as required to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing space
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on many problems linked to the economic solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer banking that is digital individuals in several re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the regulations, regulations pertaining to banking institutions and state certified
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state rules associated with lending
- Capability to balance working separately with little to no guidance and dealing closely and collaboratively within a little team that is legal
- Capability to interface effortlessly along with known quantities of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) also to gain the trust and self- confidence of others
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and very adaptable to an environment that is fast-changing
- A business that is solid with practical danger awareness
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including practicing in-house payday loans in Massachusetts direct lenders at a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or in a comparable environment) for at the least 3 years, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience employed in the re re payments area, straight with regulators representing certified organizations, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Verified solution oriented and creative problem solver
- Power to handle assignments that are multiple, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional written and oral interaction abilities and capacity to work in both groups and separately
- Admitted to your CA a situation club or authorized in-house counsel with hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from the company that is mission-driven like an aggressive income; very very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right right here’s that which we really like about LendUp lifestyle:
- We’re devoted to a varied and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and impactful work place
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, same objective. ” We are passionate about diverse prospects and have now slack networks committed to sets from mu
LendUp is A equal possibility boss
We increase equal occupations to qualified candidates and employees on a basis that is equal of a person’s age, competition, color, intercourse, religion, national beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or other explanation protected for legal reasons.